Mikhail Alexandrovich Men
Born in the village of Semkhoz of Sergiyev Posad (Zagorsk) district of the Moscow region.
Graduate of the Moscow State Institute of Culture (degree in Directing), the Russian Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Russian Federation (honors degree in Jurisprudence) and the N.M. Gubkin State Oil and Gas Academy (professional retraining under "Economics and Management at Oil and Gas Enterprises" program).
1980 - 1982 - service in the armed forces (units of Dalvoenmorstroy of the Pacific Fleet in the Vladivostok, Primorsky Krai, and Sovetskaya Gavan, Khabarovsk Territory). During the service, acquired the specialty of “Tower crane operator”. Received award for excellence in military construction.
1983 - 1990 - work in the cultural institutions of Moscow and the Moscow region.
1990 - 1993 - entrepreneurial activity.
1993 - 1995 - Member of the Moscow Regional Duma from the Sergiyev Posad District of the Moscow Region, member of the Committee on Local Self-Government.
1995 - 1999 - Member of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation from single-mandate constituency No. 104, which includes Sergiyev Posad, Klin, Dmitrov and Taldom districts and the city of Dubna, Moscow region. Deputy Chairman of the Committee on Culture of the State Duma of the Russian Federation.
1999 - 2002 - Vice Governor of the Moscow Region, First Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Moscow Region.
2002 - 2005 - Deputy Mayor of Moscow in the Government of Moscow.
2005 - 2013 - Governor of the Ivanovo region. Approved for the position on the recommendation of Vladimir Putin, President of Russia.
2013 - 2018 - Minister of Construction, Housing and Utilities of the Russian Federation.
On June 20, 2018 on the recommendation of the President of Russia appointed Auditor of the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation by the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation.
Candidate of philosophical sciences. Honorary Professor of the Moscow Architectural Institute.
Married, has six children.
State and departmental awards:
· Order of Friendship
· Order of Honor
· Merit badge "For Impeccable Service", 25 years
· First Class P.A. Stolypin Medal
· Medal "850th Anniversary of Moscow"
· Letters of acknowledgement of President of the Russian Federation
· Badge "Honorary builder of Russia"
· Honorary Diploma of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation
· Merit badge "For Impeccable Service to the City of Moscow"
· Honorary title "Honored Builder of the Khabarovsk Territory"
· Medal of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation "For the Construction of Transport Facilities".
Awards of the Russian Orthodox Church:
· Order of the Holy Prince Daniel of Moscow, 3rd class
· Order of the Venerable Sergius of Radonezh, 2nd and 3rd classes